Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What about Chad?



this quasi dramatic turn of events in my current life usually calls for a long explanation (read the last posts). i sometimes need to tell the whole story and all the details so you can fully understand why in the world i am doing this. after i rattle off my ever-repeating story (and not nearly as dramatic as i dramatize it) 9 times of 10 after I am blue in the face, choking on words, i hear, well what about Chad?

valid question. Chad (not the country- no one has yet to suggest I move there) is my wonderful boyfriend of a whopping seven months. happy to report- we are still together and still in love (not loving the distance).

Chad and i were set-up on a date that we had both been fighting against for quite some time. lucky for us, our friends were a lot wiser than us and finally made it happen. i was quickly taken back by Chad and his genuine personality and quick wit. i immediately felt at ease with him. if you have met Chad you know he is easiest person in the world to talk to and a great listener. basically the story unfolds from there (details, details) and after that date we were making every arrangement to spend as much time as possible together as he lived in SF and me in the barb.

all that to say, Chad has been amazing through this whole process. when I announced I felt that I should move to Haiti and serve- it was hard to tell who was more excited, him or me. he has been incredibly supportive and became my steadfast source of encouragement and a prayer warrior. we both have a sense of peace about the distance and are excited for what God is teaching us in this time of separation. right Chad? =)

1 comment:

  1. I so understand this... and the distance is hard but it causes the heart to feel more and challenges the mind to be steady and full of faith and love!

    ReplyDelete