Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm back and going back...

Good news! I am back to blogging (for a stint) and I am going back to Haiti...!!! June 25th people!

So while I was down in Haiti- there were many times I would pray, God, why am I here? Why-oh-Why?

And most of the time I got the feeling that my friends and family at home were being affected greatly by my adventure- friendships were deepened, hearts were broken for Haitians and prayers were more fervent. (I know my mom shot up some fervent prayers during that time, right?) I felt deep in my heart a long time ago that I wanted to bring a group of family/friends back down to Haiti to show them all what they had been praying for and supporting for so long.

So we have about 8 members at the moment and space if YOU would like to join us! Come meet amazing children, spiders the size of Milwaukee, a gaggle of mosquitoes and experience that will cut you to the bone.

Plus, come eat the rice and beans you have heard oh-so much about.

Excited about this trip but could use your unconditional prayers! I feel like one of those typical leaders, What God? You want me to lead what??? But I know He will put the people on the trip that are supposed to be on the trip and He will provide in every logistic. I have to keep reminding myself, this trip is not about ME and how well I organize and make sure everyone has FUN- it is the Lords trip and He will be glorified.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that I’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending a gift to Haiti with a friend for a Haitian wedding....I was told money is not appropriate. Can you suggest something they would be happy to get from the US? It needs to be relatively light :) Help please....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey whitney plaster here, don't know if you remember me, I live/played hockey with marta at gordon. so I married jd landon, another gordonite, and he and I are planning a medical disaster relief training trip to haiti in september. also, small world, the church we go to in annapolis just got back from visiting child hope in haiti. i was stoked about the work they are doing in haiti and when i got on their website, i saw your face. I would love to talk to you about child hope and haiti if you had some time. my email is whitney.plaster (at) gmail (dot) com. looking forward to hearing from you, all the best, whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora- sorry it took me a few days to write back to you, I just got back from the trip on Saturday! Hope your friend has not left already. I would stay away from kitchen things- their food and kitchen appliances are very different from ours. The first thing that came to mind was a really nice picture frame- those are hard to find down there and they LOVE to see their own pictures. They could put their wedding picture in it. Or maybe something nice for the house? Curtains or such.

    ReplyDelete