Wednesday, October 27, 2010

lady friends

I have always considered myself blessed with the friends I have. Not any credit of my own- but by the grace of God He has always surrounded me with wonderful girlfriends who challenge me, love me and push me forward when I fall.

friends: I am here and you are there. but not really. I am here because of you- you supported me, laughed and cried with me and prayed with me. you sent me here.

some of you have made silly comments about your lives and problems being "trivial". Please stop. This is annoying. we are on this journey together...

case. in. point. of how we journey together...

i could spend many hours and days counting the thousands of ways you guys have encouraged me and supported but this is just one small story out of the many...

Last night. Last night I sent a simple email to my life group of 5 girls and Sarah asking if they could collect black shoes to send with Ashley who is coming Nov. 8th. Simple email. The kids here need black shoes to go to school and our ministry can't afford the ridiculous prices of Haiti. No shoes. No school. (if you follow this blog- you should know this- if you don't- shame on you)

One hour later I receive this...



My friend Lauren is the President of Marketing at Sotheby's (sort of) and just whipped this flyer right up, replied all and offered it to the girls to hang up the flyer in their offices. Moments later I am getting links from other girls for Payless shoes, are these okay?

Next thing I know there is a facebook notice... My inbox is filling with Facebook messages from people I don't know asking about how to send shoes.

Sarah took the email and forwarded it to about 15 of our college friends and this morning waiting in my inbox was this...


This was put up by Kristen in SYRACUSE, NEW YORK!!!!! The very next morning after my email!!

Kristen- you are amazing.

(ps if you happen to BE in syracuse- stop by arctic island- their pistachio soft serve is to die for) 

I am blessed beyond words. But more importantly the kids of Haiti are blessed by your actions. Christ gave us the gift of fellowship and community- and you ladies are a shinning example of what the church is intended to be.

I am reminded of the scene in Sex in the City when SJP speaks of her friends and says, "Wow, you guys could rule the world". Good thing we work for a Boss that actually DOES rule the world. And that He moves hearts and organizes in ways that are beyond earthly.

to be continued... this story isn't over yet.

(sneak peak: there is a woman in Texas up to her own tricks... I will fill you in soon...)

IF YOU ARE IN THE SANTA BARBARA AREA AND WANT TO DONATE BLACK SHOES FOR CHILDREN AGES 5-18 CONTACT: herher or her.


But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin 

1 John 1:7 



Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ 

Galatians 6:2 

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome!
    a highlight for me from this post may have been when you included a sex and the city quote and then something about God in the next sentence. priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I cleared it with Andy T that he will bring the extras that Ashley can't fit in her bag! Yeah! Picking up my 9 pairs of shoes for you today!!! They just arrived. Yippie!!

    ReplyDelete