snip-its of a Saturday hike...
(so sorry I don't have Hipstamatic or Lightroom- but you'll get the idea)
Save the Whales?
Meadth Family photo
We were hiking to Montcel- How far is it?
We all enjoyed the view- even him.
View from back of the truck. I was trying to capture the mud on my shoes but apparently I captured a man whistling at us.
Yes, this is how we travel in Haiti. Sorry Mom.
Didn't I tell you the driving here was crazy?
Safety first. Yes, baby Asher is in that stroller. Don't worry he is buckled in.
Again, I am perfecting the art of balancing large quantities on my head.
Please take note of the Haitians enthralled with a white baby.
latfh
Hipsta Chad- This would be your Haitian child.
not the Haiti i am used to
Local restaurant - we did not eat there.
Yes, they are carrying a casket. and they were dancing and singing. quite a sight.
I was feeling quite svelte and robust until small children pass me, uphill carrying a weeks worth of food on their heads.
Enjoying the view from our lunch spot. Our lunch spot being Haitians that saw us on the road and invited us over to their beautiful home for lunch. Lesson #537 I will learn from Haitians- hospitality.
No comments:
Post a Comment