Girls Night Out
Finally the night arrived.
Got all gussied up and hopped out on the town.
 |
| yours truly, Cindy, Erta and Brooke |
 |
| Went to a benefit dinner at Hotel Caribe that featured the Gospel Kreyol Choir. |
 |
Speaking of Gospel Choir- this was your Soul Rocking, Tyler Perry, dancing in the isles, white girls don't belong, Hallelujah Jesus-Heaven have Mercy type Choir.
Let's just say I got the full Haitian cultural experience. ALL three.and.a.half.hours of it.
Also, cultural note to self: "Gussied up" means something different in Haitian. For me that meant showering and changing out of sweat ridden gear. Yet, I noticed dirt still caked on my feet half-way through dinner. I do not think the Haitian women in evening dresses and heels appreciated this.
Oh well, chalk it up to a social faux pas...
All in all a wonderful experience and great evening. |
this could have been the perfect picture for that strapless dress you brought... you did bring it, right?
ReplyDeleteThis is nice post and this post is really appreciable and informatics i like this post too much more enjoy with girls night in and ladies nights.
ReplyDelete