Wednesday, September 8, 2010

similarities

I was reflecting on the similarities of my life here and my life in Santa Barbara... there are obvious differences (such as, my current 'shower' consists of a bucket over my head), but many similarities.
  • my current position is VERY akin to my position at Tiffany, minus the suit and heels. Today consisted of payroll, paperwork, organization and working with children... just kidding- I mean I work with amazing people just like I did at TCO! also, great security guards- just like TCO. fabulous organization- just like TCO
  • kind, sweet roommate
  • great weather (except it rains more here- check plus for Haiti)
  • spilled coffee every morning
  • still check facebook more than i should
  • constantly meet bostonians at every turn and our talk turns to Red Sox

I embrace the similarities but also welcome the change.

my friend Jon, Sarah's fiancee, has a phrase, "oh that's a first world problem." I love that phrase. for example, when a Tiffany customer would yell at me because her daughter's bracelet broke- first world problem. my car broke down on the way to my vacation- first world problem. not to belittle these problems but this phrase has a whole new bite to it.

change of subject: fasting

i found out that a group of people back home are fasting for me once a week. thank you for your prayers and thoughtfullness. i am grateful. read the section in "bittersweet" about fasting...

No comments:

Post a Comment