And now for the full report on Chadwick and Andy....
Well I do not think it will be a surprise to anyone to know that Chad fell in love with Haiti instantly and Haiti fell in love with him. If you have followed from the beginning, you know Chad has been my number one fan through the whole process- quiting my job, moving cross country, leaving him. He was always there with encouraging words, a smile, prayers, goodbye parties and bizarre going away gifts. To say Chad has been "supportive" of me coming to Haiti would be a disservice to him. He has been part of the process the whole time- and I am fairly certain at some points he was more excited than I was. And now I feel even more honored that he would take vacation time and an expensive flight to travel these many miles to see what all the hype was about. Basically he is the best boyfriend ever.
It was even more of an honor for him to bring his wonderful pops along. It was so sweet to watch their tight relationship. I think I lost count of how many times they would randomly put their arms around each other and say, love you man.
The moment they landed they got right to work- getting their hands on whatever projects had to be done.
I sat and watched and of course provided ample water.
I was so thoroughly impressed by his father wanting to come to Haiti and care for these children because Chad and I care for these children. He was a joy at all times and (just like Chad) could be 100% comfortable in any situation he was stuck in. Chad and I soaked up all his wisdom about life, listened to his thoughts and delighted as he told sweet stories about his wife.
Chad and Andy: Thank you for coming to Haiti. I appreciate the time it took to get here. I appreciate that you are both glass half-full type men and sat in a Miami mall all day Sunday because you had to leave early. And you did it with a smile. I appreciate that you are both men of the Word and provide wisdom and encouragement to those around you. I think you are both really funny but you can turn serious and sincere in a moment. I love that you were happy whether I stuck you in a crowd of Americans, Haitians, children or political rallies in tent cities. I felt 100% loved and supported by you both. You give such Godly advice. I enjoy that you are both feelers (sometimes). I love that you jump on board and embrace every moment of life. Happy that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I love that you saw Haiti as a wonderful place, as do I. I love that you both are still thinking about how to help Haiti. I love that you love each other. I love that you love me.
Thank you. Love you. Come again soon.

this is my favorite post so far.
ReplyDeletelove love love love love this! oh, and i love you. that's all. :-)
ReplyDeletei don't know what makes me more proud- chad's headstand or chad painting your nails. i'm glad he brought yoga and style with his service and compassion.
ReplyDeletebeautiful post kait!
Oh, Kaitlyn, what a beautiful story of two special guys. I LOVE every picture and every detail. I am obsessed with Haiti and its plight now. All because of your selflessness, precious girl.
ReplyDeleteway to make me cry...again.
ReplyDeleteMe too. I cried too. -Ash
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with you two
ReplyDeleteAhh just realized I have commented on every other post but haven't done the final verification so it never really posted the comments!
ReplyDeletecrap sorry Kait! I have been checking in and praying for you daily.
Loved this post and the pics (so many framers!!))