Okay, okay. I promise this is my last post about shoes. Geez Kaitlyn, blog about hunger, the poor economy or the elections!
But I can't help it. Looking down at these children's weathered feet is a stark reminder of where I am. They are dirty, swollen, cut, bruised, bleeding and just down right disgusting.
Obvious, blatant difference b/w my childhood and theirs.
And boy, did those shoes roll in.
So now girls and boys like this, don't have to miss school b/c of lack of shoes.
In the spirit of thanksgiving, I am thankful for girls in the United States that rallied together in a matter of weeks, and provided shoes for little Haitians. And there are still more shoes coming...
Thankful for Ashley Alleman, Carrie Daly, Jen Goebel, Lisa Holmlund, Lauren Stewart, Sarah Yoder, Kristen Sorber, Artic Island, Sorber family, Colette Dotters, Yodmom, Lauren Cecilia, Amy and Parker Fox, Meg and Jay Hoffman, Ashley Doyle, Stephanie Morris, Christine Arruda, Ed Woods, Dave Evans, Gail Carey, Debbie Pekowski, Chadwick Trabucco, Andy Trabucco.
And many more that helped and prayed. And probably many others who were behind the scenes. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment