but none-the-less i felt uber special to have my wise ol' dad grace me with his presence- share his kind words of wisdom- fall in love with Haitians- assist me with menial jobs- be out of his comfort zone- take 1000 pictures- love me unconditionally- impress all those around him- and give me his blessing about being here. I was proud to show him off.
Clearly he did not get along with the Haitians,
Just a little awkward
Just some sweet little faces.
It makes me sad when I see a half-white, half-black child living in the slums. I try not to assume the worst of their father. I try not to assume he is an evil man. I try not to assume he has no idea he has a child living in the pits of poverty, dying from starvation. Maybe he was a nice handsome man who fell in love with a beautiful Haitian and he died an early death. I doubt it.
Livin' the dream
Clearly, the rocket scientist brought along play airplanes. Can you see he is hard at work? I think his explanation of aerospace dynamics was lost on them. oh well.
Of course, my dad got right into the Haitian spirit and pitched his own tent to sleep in for the week. He so woullldddd.
Thanks for coming pops. Love you forever!
I can't even express how beautiful I think you two are--yes, BEAUTIFUL! You and your dad. I'm in total awe of your compassion, honesty, humility, love, generosity, intelligence, and many more attributes. What a tremendous blessing you have been to these Haitian people. I feel SO HONORED to know you and thank God for his circuitous paths.
ReplyDeletegot to see yo mama while papa evans was in haiti. we missed you together.
ReplyDelete